Thursday 25 October 2007

Vandals

I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked out of the window this morning. In fact I had to look twice to believe what I was seeing. The tubs on the patio looked empty and there was compost all over the place. At the weekend I had taken out the geraniums, bizzy lizzies and petunias which were now past it and planted up the tubs with pansies. The tubs outside the front door were the same. Today was really too busy to sort out his disaster, but sort it out I had to do. The pansies had been tossed around and some had lost almost all the compost that they had been planted with and were now bare rooted. The culprit was no doubt some animal that prowls our garden at night time. This is war, I thought. I replanted all four tubs and weighted down the surface of the compost with stones, which I found around the garden, in the hope of preventing a repeat of this vandalism

No comments: