Monday 29 October 2007

Last day of freedom

Today is my last day of freedom for three weeks. The necessity of work has raised its ugly head and I have three weeks of full time work ahead of me. So today I have enjoyed myself - having a lie in, getting ready for tomorrow nights evening class and spending as much time as I could in the garden before the light went. There is always something to do in the garden and our garden is still at the construction stage. So we will be at it for some time to come. The short days and dark nights have forced me in doors to plan for next year but before that comes Christmas, which also requires some planning. This afternoon I made a start by making the Christmas cake. As I write this the aroma of he cooking cake fills the kitchen and I know that winter is on its way but I would rather not think about it. The cold weather and dark nights are so depressing and this is only the second day after the clocks went back.

No comments: