Thursday 18 October 2007

Another blotted copybook

The sofa that we had ordered for our snug, from a well known furniture company, was due to be delivered tomorrow morning, but I have just had a telephone call to say that the delivery has been cancelled because of a problem with authorising the final payment from my husband's credit card. No effort has been made to sort out the problem with the payment authorisation and they have admitted that had it been sorted out yesterday when I telephoned to check the delivery time, that the delivery, for tomorrow, could have gone ahead. I have turned down work for tomorrow, now all for nothing and the new delivery date of next Friday is not so convenient, as I want a morning delivery which they cannot guarantee. It is no wonder to me that the country is in the state that it is in, when this sort of incompetence seems to be the norm. Thinking about it, I don't know that they even apologised to me for what is a cock up on their part. So yet another delay in our attempt to get the cottage straight.

No comments: