Wednesday 18 June 2008

Housemaid's knee

As if the miserable weather is not depressing enough I seem to have developed housemaid's knee. I have no idea what I may have done to cause it but noticed during Monday that my right knee was stiff and I was having difficulty bending down. I haven't even been doing much house work recently, as I have been busy working at the day job. So it is not as if I can put my feet up in a spic and span house. The other culprit would be too much gardening but I have not had much time for that recently, either. So I'll just have to hobble around as best I can to do the housework. At least it is, supposedly, summer and I do not have to rake out the ashes of an open fire and black a grate. Maybe the answer is a maid or cleaning lady. I have had the problem before, with the other knee and it took a whole year to return to normal. Even the rather nice orthopedic surgeon, that I saw, could not put his finger on what was wrong, despite an MRI scan. The prospect of another year of housemaid's knee is enough to drive me to drink and it wont be water, even though there is currently plenty of it about.

Whether the knee returns to normal quickly or not, there is still plenty of work to be done on the cottage and garden and I will not be beaten.

No comments: