Wednesday 25 June 2014

Growing the family tree




Living here in Chester, my husband is in his element.  He has got into researching his family tree. His mother's family were Irish and his father's family were Welsh. As you will know from my last post we live not far from the Welsh boarder and we have made several trips to Dolgellau to research his paternal family tree as well as last month's trip to Aberystwyth.We have just returned from a trip to Ireland, which for husband included a visit to the National Library of Ireland, in Dublin, for some family history research. So for those of you wondering were an earth Cheshire Wife is, I am sorry, but I have been away again. You can be forgiven for thinking that she is never here. The last twelve months have been rather like this and my blog which started out about relocation and renovation has almost morphed into a travel blog. So I was not surprised to find that my blog had had a mention on this travel blog website. Now we are home with no plans to go anywhere in the immediate future and I shall post about our trip to Ireland as there was a lot more to it than a visit to a dusty old library.

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

That's an exciting mix of celts!

Its always good to go back into the family tree and we go back a long, long way. There are always unexpected surprises on the journey. Some a bit shocking, as in our case.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

cheshire wife said...

Maggie May - sound like an interesting topic for a post.