Wednesday 9 January 2008

Breakdown

Having spent the last week scouring the shops for household items I escaped into Chester today to have a look at the sales for myself. I didn't buy much and when I couldn't carry any more I set off home by the Park and Ride bus. About a mile and a half from the car park the bus started to make noises. It managed to go about another half a mile then stopped rather conveniently outside the hospital. The driver phoned for assistance. Whilst we waited, the passengers on the bus were patient and well behaved. The elderly man in the seat behind me suggested to his wife that we could do with a trolley dolly, to serve tea and cakes. But no such luck. After about 20 minutes a greasy mechanic arrived, listened to the engine, spent some time banging it and we were off again

No comments: