Wednesday 26 December 2007

Just another day

It felt like Christmas yesterday when we went out the pub with the neighbours, but today it doesn't feel like Christmas anymore. My mother's decision not to come, to us, for Christmas has left a hole in our plans. We've got plenty to do, we just aren't doing what we expected to be doing. So I made my weekly trip to the greenhouse to check on things. The inside of the greenhouse looked like a bomb had hit it. Pots were empty and there was compost everywhere. As a result I have spent quite a time today animal proofing the greenhouse, blocking up holes and covering as many pots as possible with mesh and stones gathered from around the garden, to try to prevent any further attacks. I have not had to do this before and it should not be necessary. After all it is Boxing Day. And yes I could box somebody!

No comments: