Sunday 11 November 2007

Party in the south

Normally I would be quite keen to travel down south for the weekend and a party. But at the moment I am working full time. So we drove down to Chertsey on Saturday, went to the party on Saturday night then drove back today. This was devotion to duty on my part. I didn't have to drive. I navigate on long journeys but overall it wasn't much of a weekend and after Thursday's bombshell I wasn't in the mood for jollification. Nobody could consider me selfish. I felt hat I had to agree to go to the party which was held by the friends of my husband, who are selling up and retiring to South Africa. We may never see them again, although we are invited to go out to South Africa any time. I would like to see South Africa but I am not sure that retiring there is a good idea.

No comments: