Sunday 13 July 2008

Incommunicado

My computer started to run very slowly last weekend. I mentioned it to my husband who said that sometimes they do that and didn't show much interest. During the week it was just plain awkward and by Thursday it wouldn't connect to the Internet. No Internet connection means no blog, amongst other things. When my husband came home on Thursday evening he had no choice but to look at the computer for me. The computers are his department in the same way that the kitchen is my department. He didn't have time to do much on Thursday but on Friday commented that in two hours 500 attempts had been made to hack into my computer. Now I wouldn't mind if 500 people read my blog but I don't think that they do. What these hackers expected to find I don't know. Anyway my clever husband managed to fix it. He would not have been allowed to spend two days, in the study, swearing at a computer for any other reason. So last night he was in my good books but then he went and spoilt things by keeping me awake, snoring, early this morning.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

These hackers are a real pain. I have suffered credit card fraud via the internet twice over the past year but my bank were quick into action.

Maggie May said...

One of my blogging friends has been hacked into and her blog has been completely hijacked & redirected to some really nasty site. Don't know what can be done about it.

cheshire wife said...

It's frightening. I wish my husband hadn't mentioned the 500 hackers.

debsdigest.com said...

Do you think he might have been exaggerating just a little bit? 500 is an awfully round number!!

cheshire wife said...

Husband actually said over 500. I was trying to be modest.

Working Mum said...

Have a look at the Google searches that lead people to your blog. It's illuminating! Just make sure your internet security software is up to date.