Today I went to the carpet shop that the new living room carpet was supposed to be coming from. Earlier this week I had phoned the shop to ask what was happening to the carpet. They admitted that they were unable to get hold of the carpet that we had ordered and offered to let us choose another more expensive carpet and pay only 50 per cent of the difference in the price. The lady in the shop was very attentive and I came home with three samples, not convinced that any of them were what I was looking for. If we aren't happy with one of these samples we can have a refund.
Later I had to go to a DIY store and took the opportunity to pop into a nearby carpet shop where I found two real possiblities. So tomorrow will be carpet hunting again and hopefully it will be third time lucky